Become a Member
We are delighted you are considering membership at Priest Lake Presbyterian Church.
There are several ways to indicate your interest in joining PLPC:
• Sign in on the friendship pads and check the box indicating you wish to join
• Tell the pastor at the end of the service
• Call (615)366-0247 or email the church
After you have expressed your desire to join the church, the pastor will gather the session for a brief meeting where we will get to know you and your faith journey, and we will vote to receive you as a new member. You may join by:
• Letter of transfer from another Presbyterian church
• Reaffirmation of faith for those joining from another denomination
• Affirmation of faith if you do not belong to a church.
You (and any other new members) will be introduced to the congregation during a worship service.
Twice a year, we offer an Inquirer's Class . This class meets once a week for 3 weeks, and it introduces you to what Presbyterians believe, how we're different from other denominations, and what it's like to be a member of PLPC. The class is not required for membership, but it does help you to become an informed member. Even if you're not ready to join, the Inquirer's class can answer many of your questions.